St. Joseph Church has been combined with Sacred Heart Church to form the new Sacred Heart Parish. The parish office, mailing address and phone is at Sacred Heart Church.
St. Joseph Church has no regular weekend Mass schedule and has been officially closed.
History of St. Joseph Church:
1890’s – Polish immigrants settle in the farmlands of Suffield.
1905 – St. Joseph Polish Society is organized.
1916 – Fr. Francis Wladasz appointed pastor of new St. Joseph Parish.
Morgan house and stable at 140 South Main Street purchased.
Stable converted into first parish church and house into parish rectory.
1952 – new Georgian style brick church building dedicated.
2017 – Sacred Heart Parish formed from combined churches
of Sacred Heart and St. Joseph.
St. Joseph Cemetery
St. Joseph Cemetery on Hill Street is managed by Buckley Cemetery Services, 338 Elm Street, Enfield 860.202.3584. Please contact them for the purchase of plots, monuments, and grave markers.